Email Sender adopts a reputation system for each account. This feature is used to prevent an improper use of the Email Sender that could damage the reputation of the entire IdSurvey mailing server. Every account is characterized by its own reputation and quota by hour. You can monitor the details of each account by opening the statistics window of any Email Sender campaign.
The value of an account reputation goes from 0 and 100. IdSurvey uses multiple rules in order to define the reputation of each account, such as the number of emails indicated as bounce, the number of spam emails, the number of recipients that have clicked the “unsubscribe” button, etc.
The account reputation is the main parameter used to determine the maximum number of emails that the Email Sender will send out in one hour.
Quota by hour
The quota by hour indicates the maximum number of emails that can be sent out in one hour. The count of the quota by hour is constantly updated and can increase or decrease very quickly.
The account reputation influences the quota by hour and its updating speed. For example, if you have an excellent reputation, the quota by hour will not decrease in spite of the amount of errors in the mailings (non existing email addresses, unsubscribes or bounces). Instead, if the account reputation is poor, the errors during the mailing process will easily determine a significant decrease of the quota by hour.
Besides, if you generally send emails to a small group of contacts but you have a bigger project that involves a greater number of recipients, Email Sender will analyze the mailings and will quickly update the quota by hour based on the reputation. For example, if you have a good (or excellent) reputation, the quota by hour will quickly increase starting from the second hour: you will notice that the quota by hour of your account will increase accordingly. If the reputation is poor, the quota by hour will increase more slowly or it might even not increase at all.
- When you start a campaign that involves more recipients than the ones allowed by the quota by hour, the emails that have not been delivered yet will be maintained in a “backlog” for the following 48 hours. Email Sender will monitor the situation every hour and it will send out the emails in the backlog until the mailings of the campaign are over. The emails that will not be sent out within 48 hours will be deleted.
- In order to maintain a good reputation and a quota by hour that is appropriate to your own requirements, it is important to use high quality lists of email addresses that are cleared out from non existing addresses or contacts that have already unsubscribed from previous campaigns.
- In order to limit the unsubscribes we suggest avoiding to send out too many remainders, especially if they are very close to each other. We usually recommend to stick to one invitation and a maximum of two remainders within 7 days.
- If you have never used Email Sender before, the quota by hour is of 250 email. If you use high quality lists of email addresses, the number will quickly increase and you can reach a quota by hours of thousands of emails in just a few hours from the beginning of the campaign.
- Nor the user or our support team can edit the account reputation and quota by hour. Sending quality emails to contacts lists that do not include non existing or wrong addresses is the only way to acquire an excellent reputation and a great quota by hour.